Job Title: Store Assistant (retail)
Location: 29 Broughton Street, Edinburgh
Terms: Permanent position with training, development and travel opportunities, 20-28 hours/week starting July, includes set weekend days, with overtime during busier periods.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Stòr is a beautifully curated ethical lifestyle atelier and bookshop in Edinburgh's bustling city centre, founded in 2014 by owners Jacek and Nathalie. Stòr Lifestyle stocks quality handmade goods, homewares, gifts and seasonal flowers for the natural living environment.
Stòr Lifestyle offers a refreshing take on modern retail, supporting considered purchasing and investment in skilled artisan pieces who's materials and craft have been tested by time, designed to become future heirlooms.
We are looking for a dedicated, hard working and friendly retail assistant who is passionate about artisan homewares, sustainable lifestyle and interior design to join our team and help establish the brand at our new location in Edinburghs city centre. Stòr has a very specific ethos that makes our shop and collection stand apart. The role will require someone who is keen, personally interested and able to learn and communicate in detail knowledge of our full collection, the manufacturing, origin and stories of the makers behind the wares.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, polite and professional individual to join our team in a role that we would like to see grow with the right candidate.
Stòr is an independant brand with an established customer base. A friendly and approachable attitude is essential as well as sufficient experience and a hands on approach to a vast range of behind the scenes tasks of running and growing a small business.
- Welcoming customers, handling sales and general enquiries
- Responsible for daily operations including inventory, merchandising and fulfilling orders
- Overseeing pricing, managing incoming stock, quality checks and stock takes
- Visual merchandising including creating attractive visual window displays and store merchandising
- Designing/writing marketing materials in line with new product launches and seasonal collections in store including Mailchimp newsletters
- Helping to grow our brand
- minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role in retail
- Ideally a proficient user on Shopify ecommerce and POS or similar platform
- Knowledge and experience in the field of the role of interior design, sustainable living and product trends
- Interest and ability of keeping up to date with current trends in style, product and lifestyle design as well as with trends in brands, suppliers etc.
- Must be highly organised and able to oversee various different aspects of running a shop
- A friendly, approachable attitude is essential
- Opportunity for career development and growth within the role
- Permanent position for the right candidate with possibility to take on more responsibilities within the role and with our brand
- Beautiful working environment with sociable working hours
To apply for the role, please send your CV, a short covering letter and if possible any relevant examples of your experience to:
Applications close 14th July 2023.
Successful candidates will be invited for interview, which will be held mid July 2023.